Sometimes find the right gluten free bread recipe is a challenge but we're pretty pleased the way this one turned out. We like this recipe for its texture and flavour, and it's an easy one to slice. Just let it cool and use a serrated knife, and its fabulous toasted. Easy to digest and not difficult to make. I’m a fan.
Tigernut Sandwich Bread (gluten-free, nut free)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup tigernut flour
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Just less than a ¼ water
- 5 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Whisk in the wet ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased or lined loaf tin.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
6. Remove and cool.